Sunday, May 10, 2015

Exclusive : Mysterious Paranormal Facts Encyclopedia Part.1

Haunted Place – Clifton Hall In Nottingham

In January 2007 Anwar Rashid 32, a millionaire moved to Clifton Hall with his wife, four young children, his brother and parents.

In the 11th century the Clifton Hall located in Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, England belonged to the Clifton family. In 1958 the property was sold and was converted in to a school.

After a few years, a set of luxury apartments were planned there.

Finally it became a huge private residence with 10 reception rooms, 17 bedrooms, 10 bathrooms, a cinema and a private gym.

Anwar Rashid bought this thousand year old property to make it his family home. But, within eight months Rashid and his family realized that the huge mansion was already occupied and they had to leave the house for their safety.

From the very first night of their stay, Rashid and his family started having strange experiences. They heard a knocking sound on the wall followed by man’s voice.

He asked, “Hello is anyone there?” Initially Rashid ignored the voice then the knocking sound and the man’s voice came repeatedly.

Rashid searched the house, but found no one. The doors and windows of the house were also tightly closed.

The house then remained quiet for a few months. Then one day his maid reported of seeing a grey figure sitting on her bed.

On an early morning his wife Nabila had a strange experience.

She saw her eldest daughter watching television at 5 a.m. Nabila called her name several times, but her daughter did not answer.

Nabila felt strange and went to her daughter’s room. She was shocked to see her daughter sleeping soundly on her bed.

Soon the family realized that the ghosts had started taking the forms of their children.

The family then began seeing dark shapes, heard sounds of a baby crying and voices of unseen people.

Rashid then invited paranormal investigation team to drive away the ghosts.

The team leader who was also a police officer said that the Clifton Hall was the only place which had scared him.

Two members of his team saw a ghost of a boy and they fainted.

They reported that the place was the most active site of paranormal phenomenon and they were unable to help.

Before buying the mansion, Anwar Rashid had been warned about the strange happenings there.

He did not believe them.

Paranormal incidences were reported about the mansion from 1970s.

The most common was about a sealed room, which was no longer accessible.

People could hear baby crying from inside. Many reported seeing a woman in the same room from the window.

It was said that a maid had jumped from the third floor window with a baby.

Both the maid and baby had died. People believed that the ghosts of the maid and the baby were haunting the room.

There were other stories of black rituals being performed in the grounds and secret tunnels located in and around the mansion.

The stable there was a proof of this.

A black circle in animal blood was drawn in the stable with broken mirrors scattered throughout its space.

The place would have a pinchy smell of burnt herbs.

Finally in August 2007, the family saw drops of blood on the quilt of their 18-months old son.

That day the family immediately left the house. Rashid said that he had never believed in ghosts until his experience at Clifton Hall. He said that the ghosts in the house did not want them there.

Shi Cheng City, An Underwater Time Vessel

The city, which was flooded to make way for a dam, still remains intact underwater for more than half a century. Wikipedia states, “At the foot of the Wu Shi mountain (Five Lion Mountain) lays an ancient city known as Shi Cheng (Lions City), built in Dong Han period (25 – 200), first was set up as county in 208, it was named ‘Lion City’ because of the Five Lion Mountain that sits just behind the city. The city remains undisturbed from the surface at a depth of 26-40m, Big Blue dive operator based in Shanghai, runs weekend trips twice a month throughout the year to the city and has started to uncover parts of the lost city.

Shi Cheng City, also called the Lion City, because of the Wun Shi (five Lion) mountain behind it, had been founded approximately 1300 years ago. It was once a political and economic hub for eastern China. This Lion city is now located 85 ft to 131 ft beneath the Thousand Island Lake ((Qiandao Lake). This man-made lake located in Chun’an County, Zhejiang, China, formed after the completion of the Xin’an River hydroelectric station in 1959. Around 290,000 people were relocated from the city in which they’ve lived for over one thousand years.

The city was “rediscovered” in 2001 when the Chinese government organized an expedition to see what might remain of the lost metropolis. 265 arches were discovered in the preserved ruins. The city was about the size of 62 football fields.

Further in 2011 interest and explorations increased further, when Chinese National Geography released images taken by its divers. Expeditions and underwater photographs have revealed that the city had five entrance gates each with a tower. The city had six main stone streets which connected every corner of the city. Stonework of lions, dragons, phoenixes and historical inscriptions, some of which date back as far as 1777 were found.

Despite being underwater, Shicheng has remained well preserved; the water actually protects it from wind, rain and sun erosion. The circular wall around the exterior of the city is still there protecting it. The wooden structures and the brick houses are still strong. Even the wooden beams and the stairs are intact. The intricate carvings engraved on the buildings are still seen

International archaeologists have rightly named it “The Time Capsule.”

Faces of Belmez

The mystery of faces continuously forming and disappearing on the floor of a house started on 23rdAugust, 1971 in Spain. María Gómez Cámara claimed that human faces were formed on the concrete floor of her kitchen. María’s husband ‘Juan Pereira’ and their son ‘Miguel’ destroyed the image with a pickaxe and new concrete was laid down. Within a week’s time after ripping the floor the face appeared again in the same place on the floor. Again when they were planning to destroy the image, the mayor of Belmez forbade them from doing so. Instead the floor concrete was cut out and taken for study.

Investigations were carried out on the site on which the house was built and it was revealed that the site was once a graveyard. The floor on which the faces appeared was removed and the place was dug to find what lay beneath. After digging, human remains were found. These remains were removed and the floor was laid back. After a couple of weeks a man’s face appeared again followed by many more faces. Some faces disappeared, some changed expressions and some became old. Several faces began appearing and disappearing within a day. Investigators took pictures of this images and tape recordings when the house was empty and locked.

María’s home was advertised to the tourists as La Casa de las Caras (The House of the Faces). By Easter of 1972 the house became a centre of attraction and hundreds of people visited the house to see the faces. For the next 30 years the Pereira family claimed that faces continued to appear, both male and female and of different shapes, sizes and expressions. Nobody was able to explain the mystery behind it.

After Maria passed away in 2004, investigators went again to check the faces. They found that the faces still continued to appear and disappear.

Some said it was paranormal activity. Some claims suggest that the faces were manifested on the floor by telekinesis. This notion was based on the claim that the expressions on their faces used to change with the mood of Maria Pereira.

Scientists analyzed the molecular changes in the whitewash and proved that some fakery was involved and many believe that the faces were actually paintings done by Maria’s son, Diego Pereira.

The Riddle House

The Riddle House, standing in Yesteryear Village in Palm Beach, Florida, is home to a ghost who doesn’t like men. Yesteryear Village is a virtual museum of a late 1900’s era Florida town. There are 30 buildings in the 5-acre village which have either been moved intact from their original historic sites or reconstructed from blueprints. Located at the South Florida Fair ground, the village opens during the Fair in mid-January and visitors can walk through all the buildings. Weird things happen there like the attic light turning on by itself etc.

History Of The Riddle House:

The Riddle House was built in 1905 and is located in Yesteryear Village, Palm Beach County Florida. The Yesteryear village is not its original location; it was originally built in West Palm Beach.

The Riddle House was built adjacent to Woodlawn Cemetery. The old cemetery started becoming a host to crimes, like grave robbery. Being adjacent to the cemetery it was then used as ‘Gatekeeper’s Cottage’, where the security in charge of the cemetery lived. During that time a cemetery employee named ‘Buck’ was allegedly killed in an intense argument.

Locals would report seeing the ghost of Buck, who seemed to be continuing his work at Woodlawn cemetery. Later in 1920, Karl Riddle, a city manager and supervisor of Woodlawn Cemetery, moved into the haunted house and made it his own private residence. This is when the Riddle House received its name and was no longer known as the Gatekeepers Cottage.

During his tenure in the Riddle House, an employee name “Joseph”, encountered financial difficulties. Mentally stressed with all this and having no option, Joseph committed suicide by hanging himself in the attic. After this incident Karl Riddle began witnessing strange incidents. There would be noises of things dragged on the stairs, a shadow of a man was seen through the attic windows and much more.

Workers felt some unseen man touching them. Terrified by the happening all the workers left the place and never returned. Finally Karl Riddle and his family had to leave the place. Many people and businesses tried to occupy the building. Everyone faced the same horror. The last ones to occupy the place was Palm Beach Atlantic College in the 1980s’. They used the place as a girl’s dormitory. Then there was no one to occupy the place and eventually the house began deteriorating.

It was then decided to demolish the house. John Riddle, nephew of Karl moved the house to Yesteryear Village. He dismantled the place and transported it. The roof and attic were split in two, as was the first and second floors. Finally, the building was moved to Yesteryear Village and was reassembled, where it stands now. While moving and reconstructing the house the workers and the carpenters experienced paranormal activities. Their tools would be moved, the windows would break and someone would hit on their heads with hammer. Terrified by these, the workers had stopped the construction for six months.

It is also said that during the unveiling of the house, people witnessed the unexpected presence of a couple dressed in early twentieth century clothes. Later everyone found their pictures in the photos of the original Riddle House. This has prompted numerous paranormal investigations by people wanting to prove that the ghosts of Riddle House are real. The Riddle House has been the center of investigations, television spots and more since its humble beginnings in 1905 and is undoubtedly one of the most haunted places in Florida.

Arundel Castle – The Haunted Place In Sussex, England

The Arundel Castle has been a home to many royal families. It was built in the end of the 11th century in 1068 by Roger de Montgomery, Earl of Arundel. This magnificent castle was built above the river Arun in West Sussex. The castle was badly damaged during the civil war in 1642-45 and in 1718 it was restored again by Thomas, the 8th Duke of Norfolk. In the 1900s Henry, 15th Duke of Norfolk did further restoration and made the castle alive. The castle became the first English country house that had electric light, its own firefighting equipment, service lifts and a central heater. Later in 1988 the Cummings’ became the owner of the property and made it what the castle is today with its stunning luxury and comfort.

The Stunning Castle Is Said To Be A Home To Four Ghosts:

It is said that the Earl who first built the castle has never left the place. His ghost is still haunting its beloved castle. The other ghost is that of a young girl, Emily. It is said that Emily used to work in the castle and she fell in love with a Bishop who was a resident there. After a few months Emily found that she was pregnant. The Bishop rejected Emily and disowned the child. Grief stricken Emily jumped from the top of one of the towers and died. Since then she is still seen in the castle dressed in white on moonlight.

The third ghost is of a child who was a servant in the kitchen around 200 years ago. The young boy was ill treated by his master. The master tortured him very badly until he was beaten to death. The young boy haunts the kitchen. Many have reported of seeing him scrubbing pots and pans. The other ghost is a ‘Blue Man’. He is seen since the 1630s. He is seen in the library many a times floating around and browsing the books.

Another strange spirit is that of a white owl like bird. People believe that if they see the white bird fluttering in any of the windows then someone living in the castle or their relative is definitely going to die. Legends tell that before the castle was restored, the Dukes used to keep a colony of white American Owls there.

Another strange ghost was seen by a footman in 1958. One night the footman was working late and he saw a man walking in front of him near the servant quarters. To get a closer look of him as the footman went near the man disappeared.

Creepy and frightening Arundel castle is a big mystery.

Girl Died 100 Years Ago Shockingly Appears In The Family Picture

In 2014, Kim Davison went for swimming one day with her friend Jessie Lu and three kids .They went to the Murphy’s Hole in Lockyer River, Helidon in Queensland Australia. Photographs were taken when they were playing in the water. One of the pictures was posted by Ms. Davison on the Toowoomba Ghost Chasers Facebook Page. This spooky pic taken by Ms. Davison shows four kids and two adults playing in water. They were shocked to see the fourth face in the picture.

Kim and Ms. Lu were very sure that there were only two kids and two adults in water and the third kid was clicking the pic from her camera phone. They said that there was nothing in between them when the picture was taken. Ms. Davison is holding a small girl and Jessie Lu in white sunglasses is next to her.

On closely examining the fourth image they realized it was a white face with dark eyes and two horns on either side of the head. Its fingers are on Ms. Davison’s shoulder and on the small girl’s right arm. On seeing the image on Facebook many comments were made, some said that the two horns looked like two ponytails or buns.

A fellow user then shared the story of Doreen O’Sullivan a 13 yr. old girl who accidentally drowned in the same creek in the same spot in 1913. Her obituary was found in the Brisbane Courier dated 22ndNovember 1913.

The Notice reads that – “Doreen O’Sullivan, aged 13 years , the oldest daughter of Mr. James O’Sullivan, was accidentally drowned whilst bathing in the Lockyer Creek on Friday afternoon. Nearly an hour elapsed before the body was recovered. The spot, which has always been considered dangerous is known as Murphy’s Hole and is over 20 feet deep. The funeral took place on Saturday afternoon and was largely attended, the convent school children, dressed in white, marching next to the hearse.” Her grave was also found.

On reading this Kim Davison recollected that they had experienced strange things that day when they were swimming in water. She felt someone’s presence behind her, but she ignored it. Twice someone in water even grabbed her elder daughter’s leg. This made Ms. Davison believe in the presence of a spirit in water. By looking at the picture she was convinced that the unknown face was that of the 13-year-old unfortunate Doreen.

Kim got two paranormal experts to check the picture. After investigating the photograph carefully they concluded that the shape of the image was that of a child. Seeing the photo on the facebook page many claimed that they could see many more spooky images. People who don’t believe in ghosts also came up with other possibilities. They said that it might have been a splash of water and the eyes see what it wants to see. Some said the image might be that of another kid swimming with them, they probably didn’t notice.

The image is still a mystery. Whoever sees the picture has its own observation. See it carefully and decide.

Kalpana Chawla Reborn in India?

Kalpana Chawla was the first Indian-American astronaut and the first Indian-born woman in space. She was killed with her crew members in the Space Shuttle Columbia disaster on February 1, 2003. Four years later in 2007 a four year old girl claimed that she was Kalpana Chawla and she had died up in the sky. About 35 kms away from Khurja is a small village Nar Mohammadpur in Uttar Pradesh,India. In 2007, little Upasana was 4 years old visited her relatives. There she saw a photograph of Kalpana Chawla with Sunita Williams published in a newspaper. Immediately she pointed to Kalpana Chawla’s photo and went around telling everybody that it was her photograph. The family and the village residents were shocked. Upasana’s parents then told their experiences with her which made everyone believe that Upasana could be Kalpana Chawla reborn.

Upasana was born in Pata village in Etawah district in India to an illiterate couple who worked as daily wage laborers. She was born in March 2003 exactly 2 months after the death of Kalpana Chawla. When Upasana started talking she would point to the sky and say that the planes were coming to kill her. Then she said that her name was Kalpana Chawla and she lived in America. She told everyone that she had a big house and big money in the banks in America. Upasana’s illiterate parents did not know who Kalpana Chawla was. They thought that Upasana had probably heard somewhere and was making up stories.

Then after a few months she started telling her parents that her father’s name was Banarsi Das Chawla and mother was Rekha or Rakhi. She said that she wanted to go to Chandigarh where her house was. Her parents ignored her talks. When Upasana pointed to Kalpana Chawla’s photograph everything seemed to relate. The family then tested her again. They showed a number of photographs with a few of Kalpana Chawla. Upasana picked up all Kalpana Chawla’s pictures and said this was her.

Upasana also told the story of her death. She said that a huge ball of ice had hit her spacecraft which then crashed and killed her. Along with the names of Kalpana Chawla’s parents Upasana also recalled the names of her mentors and professors.

Another story of reincarnation. It is very difficult to believe. But then the question arises how would a four year old from an illiterate family who had never owned a TV know about an astronaut, her name, her parents and her mentors in NASA.

Wilson Hall – The Haunted Place In Ohio University

Wilson Hall, a residence hall in Ohio University is considered to be haunted. Ohio University is the ninth oldest public university located in Athens, United States. Athens is a small town located in the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains. Room No. 428 of the Wilson Hall on the west Green is locked. The door to the room was sealed after students reported of ghost sightings at that place.

Students saw objects flying in the room and smashing against the walls. The door of the room would open and close on its own. Strange voices were also heard. Demon-like faces would appear in the wood grain of the door. The door was replaced many times, but the faces continued to appear. Every person who stayed in the room had experienced these strange things.

According to the legend in the 1970s, a young man died mysteriously in room 428. After that whoever occupied the room experienced paranormal activities. After that a young woman moved in to the room and was practicing astral projection that is a method in which the energy of the place is used to separate the spirit from the human body and then the spirit travels on its own. The woman died. It is said that she committed suicide by cutting her wrists. After her death the room was closed and no one was allowed to stay there.

There are rumors that the Wilson Hall was built on the top of an ancient Indian cemetery. The Spiritualist claims that the spot is good for conducting psychic energy because of its geography. Claims are that Wilson Hall is located in the center of a pentagram formed by five cemeteries. A pentagram is a religious symbol which is considered either a safe place or a place of evil. Sitting in the center, the Wilson Hall therefore becomes the most haunted place on the campus.

In the early 1980s a research was done on the property. It was the discovered that Wilson Hall was built on a cemetery of the Athens Mental Institute. Many other buildings in the campus have their own ghost stories making Ohio University one of the most haunted places in America.

Sound Of Aliens Above Earth’s Surface?

For the first time in 50 years mysterious unearthly sounds were recorded from the edge of space. A NASA student captured these sounds with his balloon using infrared microphones. Daniel Bowman, a graduate from the University of North Carolina designed and built equipment that recorded these eerie sounds. Mysterious hisses and whistles were heard at 22 miles (approx 36km) above the Earth’s surface.

The instrument picked up sound waves that were below frequencies of 20 hertz. Such sounds are below human hearing range, but can be heard by human ears by speeding up the recordings. Infrasonic sound travel long distances. Natural occurrences like storms, earthquakes, volcanoes, avalanches and meteors all can cause infrasounds. ‘It sounds kind of like The X-Files,’ Bowman told Live Science. The researchers are still not able to figure out the source of these sounds.

Bowman’s equipment was a helium balloon and the infrared microphones dangling from the balloon. Last year on 9th August he released the balloon above New Mexico and Arizona as a part of the High Altitude Student Platform (HASP) study. The balloon went 450 miles across the Earth’s surface and 123,000ft (37,500 meters) high in its 9 hours of flight. The balloon reached 62 miles (100km) above the Earth’s surface a region in space above where airplanes fly but below the boundary marking the top of the stratosphere. No infrasound device has ever reached so high.

Scientists are not sure about the sources of the sounds only guesses are been made so far. They had never heard many of stratospheric signals. They say it could be the ocean waves, wind turbulence, gravity waves, from wind farm below the balloon’s flight path or the vibrations caused by the balloon cable.

Another HASP balloon launch is scheduled this year. Scientists are hoping to get more information then. Jonathan Lees, Bowman’s faculty adviser with Bowman wants to record infrasound above an erupting volcano. Scientists are even thinking of sending infrasound sensors to Mars and Venus to detect the unusual weather or earthquakes by the microphones.

Omar Marcillo, a geophysicist at Los Alamos National Laboratory in New Mexico pointed out that the natural infrasound signals will be clearest in the atmosphere. He said that the atmosphere refracts some of the sound waves away from the ground and some infrasonic sounds never reach the ground. High in the sky the interference of other noises will also be little.

“I think this work has opened new ground for more research,” said Omar Marcillo, a geophysicist at Los Alamos National Laboratory in New Mexico, who was not involved in the study. “It’s very important for the entire [infrasound] community.”

Don Decker – The Rain Man

In 1983, 21-year-old Don Decker of Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania was serving a year of imprisonment for possessing stolen property. On 24th February, Don’s grandfather James Kishaugh passed away. Don was granted furlough to attend the funeral and spend a few days with the family. While others mourned, Don was relieved as he was physically abused by his grandfather since he was a child. Unable to hear the loving statements made by his family for the tormentor, Don left the funeral. Don’s mother did not allow him to stay in their house so Don went to his friends named Bob and Jeannie Kieffer.

At the Kieffer’s home strange things happened with Don. He felt a sudden chill and went into a trance-like state. Suddenly water started dripping from the living room ceiling, the floors and the walls of the Kieffer house. The Keifers were perplexed and called their landlord, Ron Van Why to check for leakages in the water pipes. The landlord and his wife confirmed that there were no water pipes in the places from where the water was coming. Unable to understand the situation the Kieffers and the Whys decided to call the police. When Patrolman John Baujan and Richard Wolbert arrived at the house, they walked into the living room to observe water dripping from the walls, ceiling, and floor. As they begin to inspect the room, the patrolmen saw water drops going horizontally, from wall to wall. The officers were soaked completely.

Officer Wolbert said:

“At that time, he (Mr. Van Rev) told me ‘I want you to walk into the house’. Then I told him ‘I’m not going to get into unless you tell me what happened. “
He said ‘trust me, walking alone into the.’ So I started walking and he was behind me. When I walk two steps into the door of the house, I was hit by water mists. “

Officer Richard Wolbert;

Wolbert said that the oddity that occurred not only rain that occurred in the house, but that water mists can also be seen against the laws of physics!
“We were standing near the front door and then watch the water mists move horizontally in the air. He is past us and into another room. “
John Baujan Officers also witnessed the oddity.
“Suddenly I felt frightened and began to shiver. That’s what I feel.

When it is a situation where something happened that had never even dreamed could happen.
No one can explain what is happening. “

The officers requested everyone to leave the house and wait at the local pizzeria, Don was still in trance state. Ron stayed back. As soon as everyone left with Don the rain stopped. The floors, ceilings and walls began drying up. The correlation of the Keiffers and Don leaving the house and the water stopping was noticed by Ron.

In the pizzeria moments later the Keiffers and Don sat down, same thing happened there. Water started pouring from everywhere. Pam Scrofano, the owner of the pizzeria had noticed Don in the trance-like state. She immediately realized that Don was possessed. She pulled out her crucifix and placed it on Don’s hand. Don reacted immediately and it was apparent that the crucifix had burned his flesh. The Keiffers and Don left the pizzeria (the rain stopped there subsequently) and came to the Keiffers house. As soon as they entered the rain started. This time the pots and the pans started rattling in the kitchen. Everyone started blaming Don for the strange happenings. Suddenly Don felt himself levitate off the ground was forcibly thrown across the room by some unseen force.

Officers Baujan and Wolbert returned to the Keiffer home with their Police Chief. The Chief told the officers it was a plumbing issue and decided to close the case. Due to curiosity, the police officers ignored the Chief, and the three of them including Bill Davies and Lt. John Rundle went to see the place. On their arrival they found everything normal. Then, Bill Davies conducted his own experiment and placed a gold cross in Don Decker’s hands. The cross burnt Don’s hands. The police officers then saw Don levitate once again and fly against an interior wall.

Lt. John Rundle described what he saw:
All of a sudden, he lifted up off the ground and he flew across the room with the force as though a bus had hit him. There were three claw marks on the side of his neck, which drew blood. I have no answer for it whatsoever. And, I just draw a blank, even today.

Ron Van Why was convinced that Don was spiritually troubled? He called a preacher to pray for Don. As the prayers began Don started to convulse violently and later he became peaceful. By the time it was over, Don was himself once again. It was the last time it rained in the house.

Ron’s furlough was over and he returned to jail. LT. David Keenhold was the warden of the jail then, he was unaware of what had happened about Don Decker. All of a sudden Keenhold noticed that his shirt and the area around his sternum were saturated with water. It turned out that when the guards had heard of the recent events at the Kieffer household, one of them had dared Don to make it rain in the Keenhold’s office. It was also raining in Don’s cell. Keenhold decided to call in Reverend William Blackburn see Don.

Blackburn started accusing Don of making up everything that had happened. At that point, Don’s demeanor completely changed from the trance-like states he had entered during the prior events. His cell was filled with death like odour and rain began to pour inside the cell. Blackburn realized that it was not a hoax. He pulled out his Bible and began reading from it and in only a few minutes Don suddenly seemed at peace and the rain stopped.

To this day, Don Decker has never experienced the terrible feelings or occurrences that he did during that weekend almost 30 years ago. He firmly believes that it was the spirit of his grandfather coming back to harm him from the grave.

The Story Behind Disappearance Of People From Anjikuni Village

According to the legend, on a full moon winter night in November 1930 a Canadian fur trapper Joe Labelle went to the Anjikuni village at the shore of the Anjikuni Lake in Kivalliq Region, Nunavut, Canada. To his horror he did not see a single person or animal in the village. Labelle had been to the village many times for shelter during his travels. He had seen around 2000 to 2500 people living there. He had always received a warm welcome from the villagers. Now he could see no one around. He then checked each and every hut and found food supplies and provisions. He also found the clothes of the villagers in their houses. Even their rifles were stashed along the sides of the door. He even saw pots filled with food hanging on long cold fires. The kayaks were also in place outside the houses. There were no footprints on the snow that would have given a clue to where the Inuits had gone.

Shocked Labelle went to the nearest telegraph office and he sent a message to the Canadian Mountain Police. The Police arrived and searched the village thoroughly. Later what they found was horrifying. Every grave in the village’s burial ground was empty. Slightly far from the village they found seven sled dogs that had been starved to death and were buried under the snow. Inuits of other villages reported seeing a blue light which later faded in the darkness. Many investigations were done. The research revealed that the village was probably deserted about two months before Joe had discovered. No one knew or found any trace of the Inuits.

Labelle described his harrowing discovery to reporters:

“I felt immediately that something was wrong… In view of half cooked dishes, I knew they had been disturbed during the preparation of dinner. In every cabin, I found a rifle leaning beside the door and no Eskimo goes anywhere without his gun… I understood that something terrible had happened.”

On investigation, claims were made that the story of the mysterious disappearances was not true. It was said that Joe Labelle was new to the country and he had never visited that place. He never knew the number of inhabitants. However, the fact is that the Mounties did find empty houses with clothing and food supplies on the shoreline of Anjikuni.

So the question is where the people disappeared leaving behind their essential provisions and prized rifles.

The case of the vanishing Anjikuni Tribe is stacked below the files of unsolved cases.

Aokigahara – The Suicide Forest Of Japan

Have you ever heard of a place that is perfect to die? Aokigahara Forest in Japan is the one. Sound strange but it is true that Aokigahara is a popular place for suicides. Statistics show that every year around 100 people commit suicide there. In 2010 about 247 attempted suicides, 54 out of them succeeded. Aokigahara is the second most popular place in the world for suicide.

Aokigahara is located at the North West base of the iconic Mount Fuji in Japan. It is also called the ‘Sea Of Trees’ because of the dense vegetation there. This beautiful landscape has sign boards on the trees everywhere that say

“Your life is a precious gift from your parents”

“Think about your children, about your family”

“Please consult the police before you decide to die!”

The signboards have not been successful to stop determined people. The most common means of suicide are hanging or drug overdose. The forest is very dense and thick inside and so sounds from inside cannot be heard. It is said that there are huge underground deposits of iron in the forest that interferes with the direction compass and the travelers get lost.

Locals say that the place has been associated with death since the nineteenth century. Ubasute was a custom in Japan in the past. According to the custom, an elderly relative was carries to a remote place like a mountain or a forest and was left there to die. People believe that the forest is haunted by the Yurei, the angry spirits of those who were left there to die. Spiritualists say that the trees there are also filled with evil energy that has been accumulated from all the suicides of the past.

Some say that frustrated or depressed people who want to die are mysteriously drawn to Aokigahara forest by a supernatural force. The force signals them to come. Some of them who were saved have reported that they had a vague feeling of being pulled towards the forest; someone was compelling them to come and end their journey there.

Some say that the trend started after Seicho Matsumoto published his novel Kuroi Kaiju (Black Sea of Trees) in 1960. In the novel two of his characters commit suicide there.

The unfortunate bodies are cleared from the forest by the forest workers there. The bodies are taken to the station and kept in a spare room. Here the bodies are not left alone. Some workers sleep on a bed next to them. It is said that if the corpse is left alone the unsatisfied and angry Yurei screams all night and the dead body moves on its own.

Many other ghosts and demon stories are heard about the forest. It is said that visitors sometimes see spirits in white slipping in between the trees.

Mystery Of The Devil’s Sea

The Devil’s Sea or Dragon’s Triangle is one of the 12 Vile Vortices, which is located near the Japanese coast in the Pacific Ocean. Vile Vortex is an area where the pull of the planet’s electromagnetic waves is the strongest. The Devil’s sea is a triangle between Japan and the Islands of Bonin, including a major portion of the Philippine Sea. It is also called as the Pacific Bermuda Triangle as it lies exactly opposite to the Bermuda Triangle and is noted for similar paranormal phenomena. Here the ships and planes have disappeared mysteriously. Many have seen ghosts’ ships in the sea. The Japanese therefore call it the Sea of the Devil (Ma-no Umi).

The sea has been in news for several centuries for its unexplained events. The name Dragon originates from the old fables dating back to 1000 B.C.E. Chinese believed that there was a huge dragon in the sea that pulled the ships and the air-crafts to satisfy their hunger. There are many stories about the disappearance of the sea-going vessels and the aircrafts.

In the 1200s, Kublai Khan’s tried several times to invade Japan by crossing the Devil’s Sea. In this process he lost his vessels and 40,000 men in the area of the triangle. In the early 1800s many have claimed to have seen a mysterious lady sailing in a ship in that area. In 1952 the Japanese government sent out a research vessel, the Kaio Maru No. 5, to investigate the mysteries of the Devil’s Sea. The Kaio Maru No. 5 and its crew of 31 people disappeared. The Japanese government then declared the place unsafe for marine voyaging and transporting in 1950s.

Several investigations were carried out on the Dragon’s Triangle. Charles Berlitz published a book on his research, “The Dragon’s Triangle” in 1989. He stated that in the period between 1952 to 1954, five Japanese military vessels were lost with over 700 people.

In 1995, Larry Kusche published a book “The Bermuda Triangle Mystery Solved”. In his book he reports that the vessels mentioned in Berlitz’s research were actually fishing vessels and many of them went missing outside the Dragon’s triangle. He also reported about the lost Kaio Maru No.5. The vessel was actually destroyed by an undersea volcano on September 24, 1952. Some parts of the wreckage were later recovered by the Japanese government. Kusche’s point out those volcanoes, seismic events and other natural occurrences cause most of the “paranormal” activity within the Dragon’s Triangle. The Dragon’s Triangle is a volcanically active area; due to both volcanoes and seismic activity, small islands in the area frequently disappear and new islands appear.

Many researches indicate the natural environment changes as a cause of the controversial happenings. It should also be noted that the Dragon’s Triangle is not plotted officially on any global map so the exact size and the perimeter of the triangle is unknown. Though there are scientific reasons provided , people still believe that there are some forces beyond science and laws of nature that are acting on the Devil’s Sea. Others believe the UFO’s and USO’s (unidentified submerged objects) to be the cause.

With all the speculations, Dragon’s Triangle still remains as one of the world’s most interesting mysteries.

Natasha Demkina – The Girl With X-Ray Vision

Born in Saransk, Russia in 1987 Natasha Demkina (Natalya Nikolayevna Demkina) at the age of ten developed a strange vision. She could see inside a human body. This happened after Natasha was operated for her appendix.

“I was at home with my mother and suddenly I had a vision. I could see inside my mother’s body and I started telling her about the organs I could see. Now, I have to switch from my regular vision to what I call medical vision. For a fraction of a second, I see a colorful picture inside the person and then I start to analyze It.” says Demkina.

After this Natasha’s story started spreading in the neighborhood. People began gathering outside her house to figure out their sicknesses. On hearing her stories, doctors in her hometown decided to put her to test. Natasha was taken to a local children hospital where she correctly diagnosed the children. She used pictures to show the doctors. She showed one of the doctors a picture of his stomach with something in it. That was his ulcer.

Using her vision she also corrected a wrong diagnosis made by the doctors about a lady who was said to be suffering from cancer. Natasha examined her and said that it was just a small cyst and not cancer. After several examinations it was revealed that the woman indeed did not have cancer.

Stories of Natasha reached UK through the newspaper, The Sun. In 2004 Natasha was brought to UK to test her vision. Natasha could locate the injuries of a person who had a car accident a year before. In England she also examined a resident doctor Chris Steele of This Morning TV show. She correctly told him about the operations he had undergone and then told him that he was suffering from gall stones, kidney stones, enlarged pancreas and enlarged liver. Immediately the doctor went for a scan to find that all the diagnosis made by Natasha were accurate. He found that he had a tumor in his intestines, but was not life threatening.

The Discovery Channel then decided to test her in New York. There were seven patients and Natasha had to diagnose any five. Natasha could diagnose only four and was told that she had failed the test. This experiment remains a controversy till date. Later she was tested by Professor Yoshio Machi from the Department of Electronics at Tokyo Denki University. After setting a few ground rules for the tests Natasha was successful in passing. She could locate a prosthetic knee and discovered that a woman was pregnant.

Later Natasha also started charging patients for diagnosis. Since January 2006, Demkina is working for the Center of Special Diagnostics of the Natalya Demkina (TSSD), whose stated purpose is to diagnose and treat illness in cooperation with “experts possessing unusual abilities, folk healers and professionals of traditional medicine. Natasha Demkina still remains a controversial subject.

Mysterious Lights in the Brown Mountain

The Brown Mountain in North Carolina is a host to a real and baffling mystery for more than a century. The Brown Mountain is a long low mountain at the foothills of the Blue Ridge. Here appears a series of ghost lights called the Brown Mountain Lights. Mysterious balls of light are seen rising up from the mountain. These balls of light appear to float and glow at above fifteen feet up in the air and then disappear. The source of these lights is still unclear. Many believed that it was a reflection of the car headlights or bush fires. Some claim that it is a paranormal phenomenon, which has no scientific explanation. These lights are visible from about fifteen miles away from the Brown Mountain. These lights sometimes rise and fade slowly, sometimes they expand as they rise and then burst like a fire cracker without a sound. Sometimes they appear and disappear so fast that it becomes difficult to count them.

Vehicle Headlights

Numbers of scientist were attracted to investigate the phenomenon. The U.S.Geological Survey in 1913 concluded that the lights were the headlights of the vehicles from the Catawba Valley which lies on the south of the Brown Mountain. Three years later in 1916, a flood in the Catawb valley washed away the railroad bridges. The power lines were also down. This time no vehicles could cross the valley. Even then the lights continued to appear. The second report of the U.S.Geological Survey stated that the spontaneous combustion of the marsh gases could be the reason. This was ruled out because there were no marshy places on or around the Brown Mountain.

Atmospheric Conditions

Some scientist claimed the lights to be reflections from Hickory, Lenoir and other towns in the area formed under specific atmospheric conditions. This theory however did not hold true as the lights began appearing from the time when there was no electricity. The Brown Lights have been observed for centuries; the locals there have many stories about the Brown Lights.

Cherokee Maidens

There are stories of people disappearing mysteriously from and around the Brown Mountain after seeing those lights. The stories say that the lights are the soul of the Cherokee maidens who were searching their loved ones who had lost their lives in the Brown Mountain in a war against the Catawb.

A disturbed Spirit

There is a story about a woman in 1850 that disappeared mysteriously in the mountain. Everyone from the community went in search of her. When they were searching they saw these lights and the whole search group disappeared. The body of the lady was also never found. The others believed that the lady was killed by her husband and the lights were a warning given by the disturbed spirit of the lady not to search her.

UFO Abductions

Recently in October 2011, a group of 27 people who had been to the Brown Mountain on a vacation disappeared. These stories and many more have one thing in common that people disappear when these lights are seen. The reason of the mysterious disappearances is also linked to UFOs and alien abductions.

The mystery behind these lights is still unsolved. It is one of the natural phenomenon for which science has no explanation.

The Haunting Hill Of Crosses In Lithuania

The Hill of crosses is a pilgrimage site located 12km north of the small Siauliai city in northern Lithuania. On the Hill at present there are over 200,000 crosses that are a sign of Christian devotion and memorial to Lituanian national identity. The crosses are so many that it is difficult to count them. The crosses are of different sizes and made of different materials. Some are made of metal, some of wood or granite and are piled on top of each other. How and when the practice of leaving the crosses on the hill started is a mystery.

Before the 1800s, there was a Domantai fort in that area and it is said that probably the first cross was placed after the Uprising of 1831 as a symbol of Lithunian defiance of foreign invaders. Over the century’s giant crucifixes, statues of Virgin Mary, carvngs of Lithuanian patriots and thousands of tiny effigies and rosaries have been placed here. In 1795 Siauliai was incorporated in Russia and returned to Lithuania in 1918. After the peasant uprising of 1831-1863 many crosses were erected on the hill. Relatives of the dead rebels who had no bodies to bry left crosses on the hill in memory of their lost loved ones. There were around 150 crosses by the end of 1895.

In 1914 around 200 and by 1940 there were around 400 crosses. Throughout this time the hill was a place for the Lithuanians to pray for their country and their loved ones who had sacrificed themselves in the wars of independence. In the years of 1963, 1971 and 1975 the Soviets leveled the hill by removing all the crosses and burning them. But each time pilgrims from all over Lithuania replaced the crosses. Finally in 1991, when Lithuania became independent the Hill of Crosses became her national identity and a symbol of her catholic faith.

There is another legend behind the Hill of Crosses. The story is of a Lithuanian farmer whose daughter was sick and was going to die. She was treated by all the doctors and given all possible medicines, but her health kept on deteriorating. Every night the farmer sat besides his daughter and kept praying for her health. One night while besides his daughter the farmer had a dream. A woman dressed in white clothes asked him to follow her instructions to make his daughter better. According to her instructions, the farmer built a large wooden cross and placed it on the hill of the Domantai Fort. The woman in white said that the cross was a sign of faith and love for God and it would heal his daughter. After he had placed the cross his daughter was cured of her illness and amazingly before he returned home she was out of her bed waiting for him.

The story of the cross and the miracle hill spread all over Lithuania. People came and placed a cross on the hill in hopes of curing their loved ones who were sick. Every year thousands of pilgrims visit the Hill. The number of crosses is growing every year.

People Are Sleeping For Days In The Village Of Kalachi

The villagers of Kazakh village of Kalachi are suffering from a strange ailment. At any time of the day they just fall asleep and remain unconscious for many days. Kalachi is a village located in Esil District of Akmola Region in Kazakhstan. Almost one fourth of the villagers have suffered atleast once from the sleeping sickness. The first case of this mysterious illness was reported in March 2013. The symptoms include tiredness, drowsiness, loss of coordination, headaches and partial loss of memory. The sickness attacks anyone. Age, sex, species and health conditions do not matter. The sickness strikes anytime. A person may falls asleep while walking on the streets, while eating or while he is talking and he may sleep for days. When the person wakes up he feels dizzy and confused. Even animals are affected. Sometimes the animals also show sudden outburst of hyperactivity after they wake up.

Some people don’t sleep completely but look intoxicated. They appear confused and are unable to stand. Some of those affected suffer from vivid hallucinations. Locals say that the sleeping sickness is getting worse. There is a case when eight kids fell asleep in the school within an hour. There had been a time when 60 patients suffering from the disorder were found the same day.

Many scientists, doctors, virologists, radiologists and toxicologist have visited Kalachi to find the cause. Viral and bacterial infections like meningitis have been ruled out. Even the soil and the water show no presence of chemicals that would cause the sickness. Some doctors reported that the patients are suffering from encephalopathy, a disorder or disease of the brain. Scans of the brains have shown the presence of excessive fluid a condition known as oedema. The origin of the brain disease is still unclear.

The residents of Kalachi blame the wind coming from the abandoned Soviet-era uranium mine for causing the sickness. This Krasnogorskiy mine that is located besides the village was once used to extract uranium. The mine was closed in 1990s. Tests showed that the radiation levels in the village and at place closest to the mine were same as the background levels. Miners who had worked at the mine were also not affected by the sickness.

High levels of radon had been found in the village that was four to five times the normal. But doctors claim that the elevated levels would not be a cause and the symptoms of the sickness did not match. Radiation as a cause was ruled out. Carbon monoxide poisoning is also considered as the possible cause.

The high level of carbon monoxide in the village is caused by the smoke from the chimney that goes down instead of going up because of the location of the village and the weather there. The symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning are headache, vomiting and dizziness. Though a few symptoms are similar the reason of falling asleep for days is not known.

The mystery of the ‘sleeping sickness’ in the villagers of Kalachi is still not cracked and the residents are asked to resettle elsewhere.

Island of Dolls in Mexico

Isla De Las Mulecas (island of Dolls) is a creepiest tourist destination in Xochimilco, Mexico dedicated to the soul of a young girl who passed away at a tender age.

The place, which is actually a floating garden, is currently a home of hundreds of terrifying, mutilated dolls. Their severed limbs, decapitated heads, and blank eyes hung on trees, fences and nearly every available surface. The dolls appear menacing even in the bright light of midday, but in the dark they are particularly haunting.

The story behind this haunted island lie in a tragedy that occurred in 1950. Don Julian Santana Barrera, was the only dweller and caretaker of the island. He found a little girl drowned, in a canal surrounding the island mysteriously and he was not able to save her life. Shortly thereafter, Julian saw a floating doll near the canal, assuming it to be the girl’s doll, Julian lifted the doll and hung it to a tree to please the little girl’s tortured soul. A guilt of not saving the girl’s life made Julian restless. He felt that the island was haunted by the girl’s spirit. Only one doll, he felt was not enough to please the child, he felt the girl needed company. Terrified by the spirit, he began collecting dolls which he would find in the canal, from heaps of trash and hung them on the tree to protect himself. Over half a century, he collected more than 1,500 of these little horrors. All the dolls are still there untouched. They look like decaying corpses of children. Later Santana died of a heart attack in 2001, and a small white cross near the water marks his grave. Some stories say that he was found drowed in the canal in the same manner as the dead girl.

The truth behind the story is still a mystery. Some even doubt the existence of the drowned girl. Some say Julian had made up this story in his loneliness. Some say that Julian had gone mad and felt that the dolls were the tortured spirits of children who passed early. People close to Julian say that it felt as if he was driven by a certain force , which had changed him completely.

His cousin Anastasio lives on the island, running it as a tourist attraction. “The spirit of the little girl is still here,” he says. “It’s important not to remove the dolls.” At night, he says, they come alive. “They will move their heads and whisper to each other. It’s very spooky, but I have gotten used to it.” Walking through these mutilated dolls is a horrifying experience. Broken limbs, body less heads and headless bodies are now covered with mold, Some have become a home for spiders and insects. Julian’s innocent sentiment converted this floating garden into a graveyard of dolls. A place which was supposed to grow flowers , grew dolls.

Why Is Friday The 13th Unlucky?

Today Is Friday The 13th, The Most Unlucky Day Of The Year. Many people still believe that Friday the 13th is a day of ill fortune and will not travel or take up new ventures. People don’t even dine in restaurants. According to a study done by the North Carolina, Stress Management Centre and Phobia Institute, about 17 to 21 million people suffer from the fear of Friday the 13th in the US. This fear or phobia is named as friggatriskaidekaphobia. Here frigga is the name of the Norse goddess for whom Friday is named and triskaidekaphobia means fear of number thirteen. It is also termed as paraskevidekatriaphobia, where praskevi means Friday. The number thirteen and the sixth day of the week Friday are considered unlucky individually. Their combination therefore is supposed to be the unluckiest of all.

How this fear originated is still a mystery. But there are many guess works made. One of the theories associated with the number thirteen is that if thirteen people dine together one of them will die within a year. This theory comes from the Last Supper. Jesus was dining with the 12 Apostles. Judas, who had betrayed Jesus, came as the thirteenth guest. Even the Hindus strongly believe that it is unlucky for 13 people to gather for any event at the same time.

Similar story is narrated from Northern Europe by the Vikings from ancient times. According to a Norse myth it is said that twelve Gods were dining at Valhalla. Loki, the god of mischief entered without being invited. His presence made the total number of guests 13. Loki instigated the blind god of winter and darkness to kill Balder the Good with a spear and mistletoe. Balder was killed instantly. He was the favorite of all and all Valhalla mourned.

An associate policy scientist in the Mathematics and Science Education Resource Center at the University of Delaware in Newark, Thomas Fernsler, said the number 13 suffers because of its position after 12. The number 12 is considered a complete number. There are 12 months in a year, 12 signs of zodiac, 12 gods of Olympus, 12 labors of Hercules, 12 tribes of Israel, and 12 apostles of Jesus. Therefore in exceeding 12 by 1, Fernsler said 13 is associated with bad luck as it is beyond completeness.

The stories supporting the myth that Friday is unlucky are very few. It is said that Adam and Eve ate the poisonous fruit on Friday. Cain killed his brother Abel on a Friday in the myth of the two brothers. Jesus was crucified on a Friday. There are many other stories which say that the thirteenth day of the month and Friday had been an unlucky day.

The origin of the superstition is still a mystery. Many attempts have been made to prove that Friday the Thirteenth like any other day is a normal day but people still believe that this day is there to bring bad luck.

Pollock Twins – A Story Of Life After Death

The story is about the perfect family The Pollocks. John and Florence Pollock led a normal family life in Hexham, England with their two daughters Jacqueline, 6 year-old and Joanna, 11 year-old. On 5th May 1957, Jacqueline and Joanna died in a car accident. They were on their way to the church with a family friend. The parents were badly affected by the tragedy. John prayed and hoped his daughters would come back.

The following year Florence was pregnant. John strongly believed that his daughters were coming back and his wife was going to give birth to two girls. On 4th October 1958 Florence gave birth to two twins. The couple named them Gillian and Jennifer. The girls were identical twins, but had different birthmarks. Jennifer had a mark on her forehead same as Jacqueline’s scar on the forehead. She also had a birthmark on her waist that even Jacqueline had. Though they were identical twins Gillian did not have these marks.

When the twins were three months old the family moved to Whitley Bay. When the twins were two, they started asking for toys which had once owned by Jacqueline and Joanna. The girls had never seen those toys before. The family then returned to Hexham when the twins were four years old. The twins had no knowledge about their elder sisters. In Hexman, the girls recognized the places they had never seen before. Pointing out to a school they said it was their school and they had played in the playground behind it. The school was the one Jacqueline and Joanna had attended.

The couple gave Gillian and Jennifer old toys from the house. The twins were unaware that the toys belonged to their elder sisters. The twins recognized the toys and even correctly named them, the names which Jacqueline and Joanna had given. The couple then noticed their girls playing a different game. Jennifer would lie on the floor and would rest her head on Gillian. Then Gillian would tell Jennifer that the blood was coming from her eye because the car had hit her there.

After a month the girls suddenly started getting hysterical on seeing passing cars. They would scream on seeing a car “The car is coming to get us”, they would say. When the girls were five years old their memories suddenly vanished. The lived normal lives later.

Dr. Ian Stevenson, a psychologist then studied this case. Stevenson was surprised to see that the identical twins had different birthmarks. He also noted that the twins had taken the behaviors of the dead sisters. Jennifer was codependent on her sister Gillian in the same way as Jacqueline was on her sister Joanna. Stevenson followed this family from 1964 until 1985. He believed it to be a true case of reincarnation on finding many similarities between Jennifer and Jacqueline and Gillian and Joanna.

After reading this, we again think Is Reincarnation True??

Pregnant Man – Sanju Bhagat

Sanju Bhagat, a farmer from India lived his whole life with a bulging stomach. Villagers teased him that he looked nine months pregnant. Little did they know that what they said was almost true? In June, 1999 when Sanju was 36 years old the growing stomach made it difficult for him to breathe. He was immediately rushed to the Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai in India for emergency surgery. Doctors assumed that a tumor was growing inside, but on operating the doctor saw something he had never seen before.

One unnamed doctor described what she saw that day in the operating room:
“[The surgeon] just put his hand inside and he said there are a lot of bones inside,” she said. “First, one limb came out, then another limb came out. Then some part of genitalia, then some part of hair, some limbs, jaws, limbs, hair.”

It actually felt as if Sanju had given birth. Doctors found that Sanju Bhagat had one of the world’s most bizarre medical conditions- fetus in fetu. Actually Bhagat was carrying the mutated body of his twin brother for 36 yrs who had fully grown limbs, hair and long fingernails.

It is an extremely rare abnormality, which occurs when a fetus gets trapped inside its twin. The trapped fetus can survive as a parasite even past birth by forming an umbilical cord-like structure that leaches its twin’s blood supply until it grows so large that it starts to harm the host, at which point doctors usually intervene.

Most of the time both twins die before birth because of the strain of sharing the placenta. But in Bhagat’s case, he survived the birth and amazingly supported the life of the leached fetus for 36 years. No one suspected the problem. Everyone just thought he had a big stomach because he showed no discomfort.

Right after the surgery, Bhagat’s pain and inability to breathe disappeared and he recovered immediately. His weight reduced from 200 lbs to 88 lbs. The case may have been a medical miracle to doctors, but to Bhagat his condition had been a source of shame and misery. All his life the people around teased him for his big stomach and taunted that he might be pregnant. Ironically what they said was true.

Today Bhagat is in good health and leads a normal life, but he still gets teased occasionally. People still laugh at him and say that he was operated and he had a baby.

Frederici – The Ghost Of Melbourne’s Iconic Princess Theatre

Princess Theatre an iconic building on the Spring Street in Melbourne, Australia opened in 1857 and was again redesigned in 1886. The theatre has staged the world’s most successful productions like Phantom of the Opera, Cats, The Producers, Les Miserables and Mama Mia! This flamboyantly modeled theatre is haunted by a “theatre ghost”, Frederici.

Frederici, an Italian baritone singer died on the stage at Princess Theatre in 1988. This happened on 3rd March 1988 during the final act of the Gounod’s opera Faust. Frederick Baker or Frederici was playing the role of Mephistopheles. The last scene was that Mephistopheles returns to the fires of hell and smoke. Frederick was lowered through a trap door below the stage to show his journey to hell. When he fell beneath the stage, Frederick suffered a heart attack and he died. He was only thirty eight years old.

That day after the performance, cast took its bows. They were then informed that Frederick had died. The cast was confused as they had seen Frederick take a bow with them. This was the first time the ghost was seen. Many have reported of seeing Frederick’s ghost.

In his remembrance, for many years on every opening night a seat would be left for Frederici in the dress circle. Frederici’s ghost would be considered as a sign of good luck for the play. Some have seen him seating in the dress circle well dressed. Some have seen him on the stage. Some have experienced mysterious lights or something not visible to them touching them and passing through the corridors.

During the dress rehearsals many have seen him in grey shimmering lights. In the early 1970s while the making of a documentary film, photographs were taken of the film set in the Princess Theatre. The picture revealed an ashen-faced transparent figure. No one had seen that figure there that day. Many of them working in the Theatre had some kind of experience of his presence. Everyone has accepted him and doesn’t want him to go away. Frederici is called the most famous and friendly ghost of the world.

Experience shared by a few :

Ants Have Designated Toilet Areas

Ants, like us have designated toilet areas in their nests!! These ants, whose presence in the kitchen in your dessert bowl or any place makes the place gross, are actually clean creatures particularly in their toilet habits. Scientists at the Universität Regensburg have discovered that ants use toilets. They fed ants colored food and found that certain spots in the nest turned colorful. And the ants didn’t just put their toilets anywhere; almost all the ants placed their toilets in the corners.

The study published on February 18, 2015 in the open-access journal PLOS ONE was done by Tomer Czaczkes and colleagues from University of Regensburg, Germany. “For ants which like us live in very dense communities, sanitation is a big problem,” says Dr. Tomer Czaczkes, who led the study. “Ants normally keep a very clean nest and usually throw out dangerous rubbish like food remains and corpses. Even the ants know that the feces can foster bacteria transmit disease and can become a danger to their colony.

The researchers have not found the exact reason of ants etiquette. They suggest that may be the piled -up waste is useful for them for defense as building materials and as manure for crop or even as markings. Perhaps these toilets are also gardens for crops, or even stores for valuable nutrients,” added Dr. Czaczkes. Maybe, though, the ants just don’t want to go outside to do their business.

The Crooked Houses Of England’s Lavenham

Everyone knows the nursery rhyme about the crooked man, his crooked cat and crooked mouse. They all are said to be living in a crooked house. This rhyme of the 1840’s about the crooked house is inspired from Lavenham, the finest medieval little town in England is located in south Suffolk, East Anglia, UK. The crooked houses are standing in Lavenham. While walking through the streets of Lavenham one can see half timbered brightly painted ancient houses which are crooked and leaning on each other. The houses are not only crooked from the outside, but also from the inside. The walls, windows and the floors of the houses are also crooked. It is difficult for a person to walk in the house from one room to another.

The houses were not constructed this way on purpose, nor is there any architectural fault. There is no tradition in Lavenham of building crooked houses. The houses originally when built were straight. Lavenham was a rich and prosperous town in the 15th and the 16th century. It was famous for its high quality wool. This wool town started growing fast. By the end of the 15th century, Lavenham was one of the richest towns in the British Isles. With the fast growing town, many houses were built in haste with green timber. As the wood began to dry it started to twist and the house started to bend at different angles.

By then in Colchester, the Dutch refugees began producing cloth which was cheaper, lighter and trendier than Lavenham’s. The town’s business collapsed and the people at Lavenham lost their wealth. Lavenham’s families had no money to reconstruct their homes. The houses were left as they are crooked and leaning on one another.

Many tourist visit Lavenham to walk through the old streets and the ancient buildings. The journey through Lavenham takes them to the middle age.

Fossilized Dinosaur Eggs Found in Southern China

The website has reported that forty three fossilized dinosaur eggs were found in the Heyuan city in Guangdong province of South China. The eggs were found by the construction workers during road repair work. Heyuan has discovered dinosaur bones, footprints and eggs in its region. The city calls itself the “Home of Dinosaurs”, and has also won a Guinness World Record for the world’s largest collection of dinosaur eggs at its museum in 2004. These 43 eggs are now added as a new batch to its impressive collection.

The fossilized eggs found are large. The biggest one is measuring around 13cms in diameter. Nineteen eggs are completely intact reported Du Yanli, the director of the city’s Dinosaur Museum. He said that the eggs are grouped together in 14 different fossils. Yuanli said: “The eggs were found in the rock strata of red sandstone, an environment in which other dinosaur egg fossils have also previously been found.”

It is likely that the eggs will be somewhere between 65 and 230 million-years-old, dating back to the Mesozoic Era when tyrannosaurus rex and co roamed the Earth. It is the first time the fossils have been discovered in the bustling center of the city, said Zhiqing, deputy director of the Heyuan Museum.

The experts and researchers at the Chinese Academy of Sciences will continue their examination of the eggs to find the species of dinosaurs they belong to. The fossils were first found in 1996 by children playing at a construction site on a river bank. After that around 17,000 dinosaur eggs have been found in the city. The eggs found in the city date from the late Cretaceous period, 89-65 million years ago.

Du said that it was possible that many other dinosaur remains would be found in sandstone beds around the city and that construction projects should be halted if fossils were found. The residents are requested to report to the authorities in case they find anything related to dinosaurs.

In 2004 a farmer in Heyuan was caught by the police. The farmer had found 557 fossilized eggs at his home and he did not report it to the authorities.

Adam Rainer – The Only Man On Earth Who Was Dwarf And Giant In The Same Life

Adam Rainer was born to a couple of average height in 1899, in Graz, Austria. When the World War 1 broke out in 1914, Adam was not allowed to join the army as he was too short and weak for his age. He was only 4 ft 6 inches tall. A year later he tried again, but was rejected because he had grown only 2 inches tall. At the age of nineteen, Adam stood 4 feet 8 inches tall. He was 2 inches short of normal height and was claimed as a dwarf. Though Adam was short he had comparatively long hands and large feet.

From the age of 21, everything started changing for Adam. At this stage in life when people stop growing, Adam began growing at an alarming pace. He grew from 4ft 10 inches to 7 feet 1 inch over a decade. A man who had a height below the average in his twenties was now closer to the tallest man in history, only about a feet and 2 inches short. But the sad part was that at the same time Adam developed a severe curvature of the spine.

Why did This Happen?

An extensive research was been carried out on Adam. During the period in 1930-1931, doctors found that Adam was suffering from a condition called as acromegaly. This was caused by a tumor on his pituitary gland, which led to an overproduction of growth hormones in his body. This was the reason behind his strange appearance. Rainer had large hands and feet. He also had a protruding forehead and jaw, as well as thick lips set over widely-spaced teeth.

Doctors operated Rainer’s pituitary gland and removed the tumor. The surgery was partially successful, Rainer was still growing but at a slower pace. For his remaining life Adam continued to grow and his health began deteriorating. He became blind in his right eye and suffered hearing loss in his left ear. His worsening spinal curvature confined him to bed.

Rainer passed away at the age of 51 and at a height of 7’10”. He is the only person in human history that has been able to call himself a dwarf and a giant in the same lifetime. The sad story of Adam Rainer remains as a strange case in medical history.